DIRECTORATE OF FINANCE
MR J. SIBANDE (DIRECTOR OF FINANCE)
|The Finance Department is responsible for the short-term and long-term financing of Lilongwe City Council’s operations. Our role is to ensure that there are adequate funds available to acquire the resources needed to help the City Council achieve its objectives.|
THE MANDATE OF THE DIRECTORATE
The Finance Directorate is mandated to prepare the Institutional budget, manage and account for both expenditure and revenue for the Authority. Below are the core functions of the Directorate:
- Advising the Council on all financial matters.
- Mobilizing revenue for Council’s operations.
- Preparation and consolidation of annual estimates.
- Preparation of monthly financial reports and annual financial statements.
- Investment appraisal.
- Ensuring timely collection of debts and payment of Council’s obligations.
- Compilation of audit responses.
Cash office - Receiving cash and cheques
Rates - Biling of City rates
Debts - Delivery of bills
Salaries - Monthly payroll analysis and reports
- Receipt of incoming goods.
- Inventory control.
- Maintenance of stock records.
- Issue and dispatch.
- Stock taking and stores accounting.
Last Updated on Monday, 02 December 2013 09:35